My Best of 2014
December 31, 2014
Posted by on
A quick round up of My Best of 2014s to ring in the new year…
This year, I read 19 books published in 2014. I’m going to drop a fuller list – with commentary – in a bit when I’ve finished my 2014 reading stack, but my current list stands at:
- The Flight of the Silvers (Daniel Price)
- The Martian (Andy Weir)
- The Art of Asking (Amanda Palmer)
- California (Edan Lepucki)
- Red Rising (Pierce Brown)
Honourable Mentions: Annihilation (Jeff VanderMeer), Landline (Rainbow Rowell), Marshlands (Matthew Olshan), Yes Please (Amy Poehler), The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August (Claire North).
Of the 43 movies I watched this year, 11 were released in 2014 (and 1, which I saw a preview of at TIFF, will be released February 2015). My top 5 were…
- The Last Five Years [technically 2015]
- The One I Love
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Gone Girl
Honourable Mentions (aka everything else): Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier, The Fault in Our Stars, Maleficent, Interstellar, In Your Eyes, The Lego Movie.
Episodes of TV
- Masters of Sex 2×03, “Fight”
- The Affair 1×04, “Episode Four”
- The Leftovers 1×06, “Guest”
- Halt & Catch Fire 1×09, “Up Helly Aa”
- The Good Wife 5×14, “A Few Words”
How about you?