MUSIC MEME: Cover Shuffle Fun II
October 19, 2010
Posted by on
I’ve long been a fan of little games played with the ‘shuffle’ feature of my iPod, such as creating an episode list of a potential TV show by using whatever song titles show up. One I play every so often is a cover shuffle game. Here’s how it goes…
- Set iPod to shuffle.
- Take the artist of the first song that comes up.
- Take the next song that comes up.
- Have fun imagining what that cover would sound like.
Here the second one, probably 2-3 years old…
1. Hawksley Workman – Silent All These Years (Tori Amos cover)
2. The Pipettes – Hill of Our Home (Psapp cover)
3. The Decemberists – These Photographs (Joshua Radin cover)
4. Ace of Base – Other Side of the World (KT Tunstall cover)
5. The Ditty Bops – Everyday is a Holiday (Esthero cover)
6. The Raveonettes – Lifesize (A Fine Frenzy cover)
7. Dragonette – Gray or Blue (Jaymay cover)
8. Remi Nicole – Baby Jesus (Regina Spektor cover)
9. Sia – Asleep (The Smiths cover)
10. Scala and Kolacny Brothers – Terrible Storm (Tegan and Sara cover)
11. Matchbox Twenty – Patience (The Pierces)
12. PJ Harvey – The Distance (CAKE cover)
13. Panic! At the Disco – Neighborhood #4 (7 Kettles) (Arcade Fire cover)
14. The Fray – Swans (Unkle Bob cover)
15. David Usher – Bruised (Jack’s Mannequin cover)
16. Pinback – Lloyd, I’m Ready to Be Heartbroken (Camera Obscura cover)
17. Tegan and Sara – Cry On Demand (Gomez cover)
18. The Donnas – Heart (Stars cover)
19. Rilo Kiley – Twin Cinema (The New Pornographers cover)
20. The Magnetic Fields – Steven’s Last Night in Town (Ben Folds Five cover)
Which ones of these would you put on your iPod? Which ones sound like utter trainwrecks? If you make one, either pop it into the comments or leave a link!